Re-Tagging Scripts

I have a large music collection and want to automatically re-tag it.

I have a few questions.....

A lot of my Titles are listed at ($String)/$String e.g

Sleigh Ride [Arranged & conducted by Robert Mersey]/Arranged & conducted by Robert Mersey

This is due to the stupid Music Service I am using.
Can someone help me with a retag script to remove all instances of ($String)/$String in the Titles.

I am also trying the Capitalise of each first letter. However I notices that if first character is a special character like [ or / the supsequent letter is not capitalised.

e.g
Sleigh Ride [arranged & Conducted By Robert Mersey]/arranged & Conducted By Robert Mersey

If someone could help me, I would appreciate it.

Please read this topic from the FAQ.

Best regards,
Florian

I suspect that, once you know how to create and run actions, the stumbling block will be writing a regular expression to find/replace that set of strings - some folks have difficulty with backreferences.

To convert
Sleigh Ride [arranged & Conducted By Robert Mersey]/arranged & Conducted By Robert Mersey
to
Sleigh Ride arranged & Conducted By Robert Mersey

use the "replace with regular expression" action
the "field" is whatever field (I suspect TITLE in this case)
use "Regular expression:"
^(.)[(.)]/\2$
and "Replace matches with:"
\1\2

If you want the second part of the string separated by some char - or surrounded by some chars, just put those either between \1 and \2 or around \1 in the "Replace" string.
If you want that second part of that string to be deleted, just use \1 by itself in the "Replace" field.

Bob

PS: feel free to post a few more examples of before/after string formats