My Genre field is set like so:
%genre%: Hip-Hop; East Coast Hip-Hop
%genre%: Electronic; Drum & Bass
this was because I wanted to use MusicBee's auto-EQ feature which was based off 'grouping' tags (Electronic, Hip-Hop, Rock, etc). Now that i'm going back to Foobar2000 I didn't like how it's displayed and I made up my mind to revert back to good ole' (1) genre label like so:
%genre%: East Coast Hip-Hop
%genre%: Drum & Bass
Now there are (2) ways to delete them:
#1. [First N, Last N] from which the number 'N' removed the relative amount of characters.
I got this method from the utility 'Bulk Renamer'
#2 [Character Specific] delete the respective characters (most likely grouped) within %genre% including separators & spaces.
nice read for music library organization for genre