removing certain text from title and name

ok so i downloaded a bunch of mp3s problem is their names are like:Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You - wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474

and titles are like:My Life Would Suck Without You - wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474

is there anyway to remove the (- wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474) part?

please exact steps because im new to this and also is there a way to get album names online and put them using this software? thanks very much

What do you mean by "names" and "titles"?
Name= filename?
Title = title field?

To clean up your tags use the converter filename - tag (because I assume that this is what you mean by "name")
You have to enter a mask to assign the fields.
For "Kelly Clarkson - My Life Would Suck Without You - wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474"
enter:
%artist% - %title% - %dummy%
BTW: this will only work if your filenames really are composed as you have stated in the example.

Concerning your album problem: as many titles appear on various albums (sampler, original, best of, reissue, live to name but a few) it is virtually impossible to determine from which album your particular version comes.

srry but i dunt undertsand can u give me 1,2,3 steps?

and yes u understand right file=file name and title=title in tags (i want to remove the www.myegy.com by abdelhamid....) part from both filename and title but leave other text like the real file name and the real title and thx

look i could do the file name using batch rename utility now whats left is the title field what i exactly want to do is remove " - wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474" with the exact spaces and exact name as between commas please give me exact steps on how to do this and thanks :smiley:

Look how to set up actions HERE.

Begin Action Group _Script Test#TEST

Action #1 Actiontype 2: Replace Field ______: TITLE Original ___: - wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474 Replace with: [_] Only as whole word [_] Case sensitive comparison Action #2 Actiontype 2: Replace Field ______: _FILENAME Original ___: - wWw.MyEgy.Com by abdelhamid474 Replace with: [_] Only as whole word [_] Case sensitive comparison

End Action Group _Script Test#TEST (2 Actions)

As regards this program getting names from web sources such as iTunes, Discogs and beatport here are three topics which might be of interest to you.
iTunes
Discogs
beatport

How to use those files can be found HERE.

I think that you can safely use mp3tag's converter tag-filename for this task. no futher tool is required.

Did you have a look at the FAqs? there it is described how to remove part of a string:
/t/967/1

Now, if it is always the same string, you can create an action of the type "Replace" for TITLE.
Enter the string that is always the same and should be removed as search string.
Enter nothing (leave blank) for replace string.

If the string varies, though, it is a different story.

Thx all Mission Accomplished :slight_smile:

i dont understand anything at all.. im having the same problem and ive read the FAQ and i tried working it out and im lost :frowning: someone please help me

Please read there...
http://www.catb.org/esr/faqs/smart-questions.html#before
... then come back and specify your problem.

DD.20120905.1644.CEST

=__=" i just want to clean up my music files cause it is so unorganized with unnecessary numbers and letters or album titles or numbers, id just like a clean File name for example, Justin Bieber - Baby
instead of 01 - Justin Bieber - Baby - My World 2.0

Even though I am now infamous ... let me ask ...
... what has your wish to do with the OP's thread theme?

DD.20120905.1700.CEST

The user now has created his own thread:
/t/13844/1
So I close this topic.

Okay, so I have a string at the beginning of my Title field that I'd like to remove. It contains the [] characters though, which I understand are hard coded and need " surrounding them. I'll give an example of what I'd like to do.
Change Title: "[8A] My Babe (Me & My Toothbrush Remix)" to "My Babe (Me & My Toothbrush Remix)"

Obviously these are comments from mixed in key, so they're not all "8A".

I know to go to Quick Actions/Replace then Title. But what do I use for strings or script syntax there?

I would use an action of the type "Replace with regular expression" for TITLE
Search string: \[..\]
Replace string:
(leave empty)
Please note that there is an additional space character behind the last bracket.

I'm still getting this:

then you should show us the instruction that you entered instead of the result.
Because the expression is still working over here:
format

funny how something i asked in 2012 was revived 7 years later haha.