Removing/Replacing Characters In All Fields

Hi all, I'm totally new to this so please bare with me.

I am having difficulty playing all my MP3's on my car media system, it is the "Blue & Me" audio system on an Alfa Romeo 159 which is played through a USB port in the glove box. The system only reads and plays about half of the music that I have on the USB (16GB) and I have read on the Alfa forums that other people have had this problem and recommended cleaning up the tags using MP3tag.

They recommend changing the tags to ID3 v2.3 ISO 8559-1 (which I have figured out how to do), ensure the track numbers are in the "01" format and not the "1" format which again I figured out but they also suggest that all unnecessary characters e.g ()-_+='@;:/.,!? etc are removed from the fields as they confuse the audio system which results in the car display only showing partial artist, album, song title etc. I believe the easiest way to do this is by using the "Actions (quick), Replace" utility and simply selecting "_ALL" inputing the characters and leaving the replace with box blank but my question is this, is there a way to input all the characters in the box at the same time and run the utility once as I have a very large collection, approx 190GB altogether, and this would save a lot of time instead of having to run it for each individual character.

I hope this makes sense and any help would be greatly appreciated.

Begin Action Group _Script Test#TEST innesm65

Action #1 Actiontype 4: Replace with regular expression Field ______________: _TAG Regular expression _: \(|\)|-|\_|\+|=|'|@|;|:|\\\\|/|\.|,|!|\? Replace matches with: Put nothing here [_] Case sensitive comparison

End Action Group _Script Test#TEST innesm65 (1 Action)

EDIT:

Keep your proper collection separate to your car radio. You don't want to run this to your 160GB PC collection!

Thanks for such a quick response Steve.

I will give it a try tonight and let you know how I get on.