Renaming Tool

Does anyone know of a great renaming tool.

here's what i'm trying to do.

Each folder I have has a the following items to support thr album

Ex: Natalie Cole - Inseparable (Folder) under the folder:

Front.jpg
                      Back.jpg
                      Credits.txt
                      Folder.jpg

What I want to do is find a program that labels everything by the folder name, to look like so:

Natalie Cole - Inseparable (Folder)
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Front.jpg
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Back.jpg
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Credits.txt
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Folder.jpg

Thanks

You can do that with Mp3Tag.
Go to Tools > Options >tags and add *.txt and *.jpg with the semicolon-delimiter to "restrict incoming files to".
Load all album-folders to Mp3Tag.
Then filter for your TXT- JPG-files.

Use the Coverter - TAG-Filename.
Format String: %_directory% - %_filename%

Everything works - but I need , if possible to go one step further. It will label images as requested above as long as it is not in it's own folder.

see attached jpg. I need a way to change the Artwork Folder Name to successfully change the images witihn the folder.

this:

Front.jpg
Back.jpg
Credits.txt
Folder.jpg

Now Becomes This:

Album Art - Front.jpg
Album Art - Back.jpg
Album Art - Credits.txt
Album Art - Folder.jpg

Is there a way MP3Tag can name the folder associated with the Artist. and also the images within the folder. (The attachment may explain better.

As I mention, the solution you gave me works, but I have to manually move all the files from under the Art folder and then iI get the results:

Natalie Cole - Inseparable (Folder)
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Front.jpg
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Back.jpg
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Credits.txt
Natalie Cole - Inseparable - Folder.jpg

The solution I told you works because MP3Tag knows of the tags (Metag-data embedded in files) but also knows lets call it pseudo-tags (information tags), which are not embedded in the files itself.
So you can't use the artist-tag or the album-tag because in your jpg- and txt-files there is no such tag embedded and Mp3Tag could not handle them anyway, because they are no music-files.

So in my suggestion I used these pseudo-tags:
%_directory% (the directory in which the file resides)
%_filename% (the present name of the file without extension)

If your files you want to rename reside in a subdirectoty of the directory thats carries information of artist and/or album in its name, you can use %_parent_directory% instead of %_directory% to rename your files.

So you just would have to use:
%_parent_directory% - %_filename%

But I wonder why you say my original-solution works, because obviously the year is in the name of the directory too.
Do you want the year to be in the name of the txt- and -jpg-files too?
Otherwise you have to change the format string to:
$cutright(%_parent_directory%,7) -%_filename%

$cutright(%_parent_directory%,7) in this case cuts 7 characters from the name of the parent-directory starting from the end of the name.
This naturally only works like this in the case that there is always a year in the name.

Perfect
Thanks

I'm running into a problem where it states the file name is too long.

Is there a way to automatically cut off tag name until it matches the folder length?

This works for Parent Directory
$cutright(%_parent_directory%,7) -%_filename%.... I can manually change the legth 7 to 12, 15 etc.

Can it work for this action
%_directory% - %_filename%

Again, when saving files it says... file name is too long. Currently I just shorten the album manually... but that not a good solution when doing several folders.

Thanks

It is not the filename that is too long, it is the whole path including the filename.
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/wi...5).aspx#maxpath