I have lots of mp3s with various genres. I want to change ANY genre to soundtrack using on action. How do i do that please?
What do you meant with ANY genre? all genres? a specific one?
Do you want the word "soundtrack" in the genre field or do you want the genre in a field called SOUNDTRACK?
For example, i have some songs with hip-hop as genre, some other songs with 'rock' as genre, and some other with 'Demo'. So regardless of whatever is in the genre field i want to have 'Soundtrack' in the genre field for all my files.
Simply put REPLACE all/any value in the GENRE field with 'SOUNDTRACK' as a value.
This sounds that you are not familiar with Mp3tag.
So go this way ...
- select all the files you want to edit,
- invoke the Tag Panel [Strg+Q]
- go to the edit field with the title "Genre"
- type in the new Genre value you want, for example Soundtrack
- save the tag [Strg+S] for all selected files at once.
You can do this work automated by using an action "Format value" on the tag-field GENRE.