Replace multiple tag fields, remove words

Hello,
I would like to remove from all TITLE tags the following words,

(feat.*)

Basically if the title field has any words that begin with feat and enclosed in parenthesis, i.e. (feat.*)

then remove it.

I tried using the Actions to create a preset, Replace with Regular Expression,but I can't get it to work

Any help is appreciated

I guess this one is the swiss-army-knife for removing featuring :slight_smile:

Thank you for the reply. I went to:
Actions-> Replace with Regular Expression->Field: TITLE -> Regular Expression: $regexp(%TITLE%,'^(.+?)\s+[[({]?(?:ft\.?|feat\.?|featuring)\s+(?:[^][(){}]+)[])}]?(\s+.+)?$','$1$2',1)

I run it but get no change. What I am doing wrong? :slight_smile:

The $regexp() scripting function can be used with the converer "Tag - Tag" or an action "Format value" — both for field TITLE.

If you want to use an action "Replace with Regular Expression" you need to extract the expression (2nd parameter) and the replacement (3rd parameter) from the $regexp() call and put in in the appropriate configuration fields of the action.

I would like to create an action group to avoid extra steps. I would like to clean up also Album tags which sometimes have the (feat) in the field.

I can't manage to make it work as a regular expression. Could you please elaborate a little further?

Thank you for the assistance. Exactly what I was looking for! :slight_smile: