REPLAY GAIN___ ALBUM/TRACK

How can I add a column to view the fields tittled:

REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN

REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN

REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK

???... I Level the volume of my Tracks using MediaMonkey.. but it seems that not all my tracks get leveled.. (of the leveling isnt stored to the audio file)

Or does this have to do with the mp3 files them self?? << i still dont know the difference between "ID3v2.3 //ID3v1 // ID3v1 Lyrics3v2 // etc// etc//.....

Could that be the issue I am having?

P.s. Im using Mp3Tag v2.44 (Aug 14, 2009 version)

From my view - in this case - a simple way to add some columns to Mp3tag listview is:
Use an editor and fill in the needed sections manually into the Mp3tag columns.ini file.

[#57]
width=69
numeric=1
name=AlbumGain
value=%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%
sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%,'.',)
field=
enabled=1

[#58]
width=71
numeric=1
name=AlbumPeak
value=%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK%
sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_PEAK%,'.',)
field=
enabled=1

[#59]
width=71
numeric=1
name=TrackGain
value=%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%
sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%,'.',)
field=
enabled=1

[#60]
width=79
numeric=1
name=TrackPeak
value=%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK%
sort=$replace(%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_PEAK%,'.',)
field=
enabled=1

Take care not to change any other content in the columns.ini file.
Change the section numbers (see example #57..#60), so that all section numbers will be continously running numbers fitting into your personal columns.ini.

The columns.ini file can be opened with Notepad using the filename:
%appdata%\Mp3tag\data\columns.ini

DD.20100327.1635.CET

Your a genius! Thanks .. lol

+1 from me too!

Please add this column as an option in Mp3tag. I see replay_track_gain in the extended tags but it's not in the list to add it to custom columns. Very frustrating.

This field is essential to me for selecting between duplicates automatically with a very large collection. It is a much better indicator of sound quality than bitrate if you don't have time to listen to 100's of tunes. I have often found that a 168kbps file will sound better than a 320kbps file due to recording/ripping quality. The high bitrate is just an attempt to compensate for the terrible sound. VBR files also make it tricky to eliminate low bitrate files.

It is not foolproof of course but it get's closer to judging whether the file was ripped from the original recorded media, or copied several times over. It is based on the likelihood that the louder file will have a greater range of sound in it, therefore less of the original data was removed for compression. The same holds true if the original recording was better.

Volume normalizing level also applys to all audio formats, so no guess work between your mp3's, m4a's, and wma's.

I run all of my files through Media Monkey's volume leveling when they are added to my library. The files with a replay_track_gain higher than +6db are usually lower in quality than the rest of my collection -- it's very noticeable. There are exceptions but it's rare.

Classical music for example, doesn't seem to stick to this rule. 70's music always seems to need a great deal of volume boosting unless you can find a remastered recording.

Hope this helps some folks.

But you can add this with custom columns. Right click on the column heading, then choose custom columns, then click on NEW to add a column. Name it "track replaygain" and enter the following as both the value and field:
%REPLAYGAIN_TRACK_GAIN%

Then do the same and label a new column "Album replaygain" and add the following as value and field:

%REPLAYGAIN_ALBUM_GAIN%

I've done this and these columns now always show up when I use mp3tag.

OK, thanks for the reply. I have copied this to my notes and will try it when I am less busy. Thanks again.