Request Feature

Hi all,

My first post (of many I hope) and I wanted to say how cool this program is. It's very useful and it makes a lot of tedious MP3 tagging chores easier. Please forgive me if this request has already been made. I haven't had the time to check all of the previous requests in this forum. Ok, enough chat onward to my request(s).

Please create a button in the toolbar to select all tracks.
Please create a button when in edit track mode to save and move to the next track automatically.

That's it for now. Thanks for a great program and Happy New Year to all.

Noj' :smiley:

Welcome to the forum, Noj.

I don't know if you're aware, but if you press Ctrl+A, all tracks in the list will be highlighted. Do you really need a "Select All" toolbar button?

And have you used the "Extended Tags" editor? Highlight a track and press Alt+T. A window will appear. Do the necessary changes to the tags, and then press ">>" or "<<" to go to the next/previous track and save the changes automatically. Mp3tag 2.37c (and maybe a few versions before this one too) have a bug. When you edit tags and press ">>" or "<<" the program will crash and erase a few of your settings. This is not normal behavior and Florian is working on fixing it for the next build.
Alternatively, on the track list in the main window, when you edit a field in the list and press "Enter", you will be taken to the same field of the next track. Is this what you were looking for?

I agree that Mp3tag is a very useful program, but sadly it lacks in documentation. So roam the forums for a while, and you'll learn a lot of useful tricks. :slight_smile:

Happy new year everyone!