I would like to start some kind of brainstorming how the handling of embedded images could be enhanced.
Definitely on my wish list would be functions
- to set image types via actions,
- switch one type of image to another with an action,
- remove only specific images of a certain type with an action,
- treat images like multi-value fields so that one could see e.g. all the types of embedded images with a function like $meta_sep(_cover_type,\) in a files list column
- get away from the order "1st, 2nd, 3rd" to an addressing system that uses the type of an image.
- set the image description for more than just one file at a time (and also remove the description) as well as action as a function in the tag panel.
Right now some of the functions are there but only for a single file at a time, the only way to determine the image type with an action is during import so that a lot of manipulations rely on the detour via the file system - it should be much easier to do the manipulation of image tag attributes within MP3tag.