Request: Write export configuration when exporting tags to text

Could you add the option to include the used export configuration as the first line of the text file?

Then, also, loading that configuration automatically in "Text file - Tag" → "Format string" from the selected file would be quite handy.

For example:

%title%  -  %artist%  -  %album%  -  %year%  -  %track%  -  %genre%  -  %albumartist%
Space Operators  -  Jeppe Hasseriis  -  Escape Velocity  -  2012  -  1/9  -  Electronic  -  Dynatron

I know some programs that allow to import data that have a feature like
"First line contains field names".
If you have closer look at the reports then you have 2 sources:
For export it is your export-script which has all the definitions.
But as all variables in % get filled with the actual contents of the field, it is not possible to write them (the fieldnames) as the first line in a file.
Also, a report must not necessarily generate just one line for a CSV file but can produce elaborate reports in the RTF or HTML format. So it would be hard to guess what to add.
MP3tag does not interpret what a target system might do with the export result.
It may well be that you prefer the csv-export but that is not true for many other users. The design to create a decent csv-export (or any other) is in the hands of the user, MP3tag does not interfere.

For the import I would agree that it might be handy to have an option like I mentioned above. If the source program supplies such information then it would be nice to be able to tell MP3tag not to generate an error when it stumbles over such a first line but to make something of it. It might just as well be that this first line of a csv file is read and then offered as import mask for further editing.
For the export, though, I do not see much chance.

You're right, of course. I use the text files mostly for backing-up tags, so I didn't think about other possible uses.

Maybe adding "import configurations" would be a good idea (selectable in "Convert" → "Text file - Tag").

QUOTE (aax @ Jun 14 2014, 21:06) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Could you add the option to include the used export configuration as the first line of the text file? Then, also, loading that configuration automatically in "Text file - Tag" → "Format string" from the selected file would be quite handy. For example:
%title%  -  %artist%  -  %album%  -  %year%  -  %track%  -  %genre%  -  %albumartist%
Space Operators  -  Jeppe Hasseriis  -  Escape Velocity  -  2012  -  1/9  -  Electronic  -  Dynatron
...<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Read there, perhaps it can help to understand the situation with CSV file management in Mp3tag ...
Export 2 CSV (Comma in fields)
Zu doof für Export?

DD.20140615.2008.CEST