Retagging for iPods

Hiya, 2 things:

[1] How can I create a script or action to retag my collection based on existing tags?
I want:

%title% = %track% %title%
%album% = %year% %album%

I store my files as so:

%artist% -- %year% -- %album%/%track% %title%.ext

If I use "%artist% -- %album%\%title%" in the "Filename - Tag" convertion section, I can achieve this fairly easily, however there are cases where the %year% and %title% in the folder / filename, doesn't match the %year% and %title% fields in the tags exactly, and I'd prefer the tag versions... I.E. :

folder / filename:
Atmosphere -- 2005.10.04 -- Live in London, UK/01 Bjork Does Disco.flac

But in tags, the year is "2005" and the title is "Björk Does Disco" (Notice the "ö")...

[2] Is there an easy way to remove the "/Y" of the %track% field? (If %track% = X/Y, where "Y" is the total of tracks in an album and "X" is the actual track number)... I want to remove this across my entire collection in one action, not on an album per album basis...

Thanks in advance!
Tim

/t/2477/1

Share your custom Actions

That's so simple, thanks! Solves my first problem...

Is it possible to batch remove the latter part of the track number so "01/12" would appear only as "01"? I don't want to use the numbering wizard, because I have some albums with missing tracks and want to keep the correct track numbers...

That's the content of the second link.
Although it can be a little shorter: $if(%track%,$num(%track%,2),)

Ah yes, I see now... The post didn't specifically mention that bit, but it does actually work... Thanks!