'Return' key to confirm/trigger action in Action Groups?

In 'Rename files based on tags' the window opens with 'rename' selected and highlighted in blue, ready to trigger with the return key. Could this selection/trigger be implemented when opening Action Groups too?

I've experimented with this and it's not so easy to implement. There are many situations where pressing return should not apply the actions: for example during renaming an action group or category, when entering descriptions, and possible a few more situations.

I'll look into it — just wanted to give an update here :slight_smile:

Thanks for the update Florian, fully understand.

I was further working on this :smiley:

I'll send you a PM with a link to an internal beta version which has this feature. At places where Return would trigger edit mode, you can use Fn+Return to apply the actions.

This is now officially included with Mp3tag for Mac v1.1.4.

Thanks Florian!
I have the latest update with this included but have a small issue though - I open the Action Groups window and see the Apply button highlighted blue, but because the Action groups list on the left is initially automatically selected, hitting Return simply opens whatever line is highlighted for renaming. It's not unless I select an item in the right-side Description that hitting Return triggers the action.
I do appreciate your efforts, just sharing what I've noticed, thanks!

1 Like

Yes, see my comment here

Yes I think I saw that, unfort I don't have a fn key on my full-size (numeric keypad) Japanese Apple keyboard, only on my laptop. Oh well, thanks anyway