Same drive

Hi all,
Couple of questions,if i was using an external drive say g for example can i replace the original files back in there ie not have to remove then put back after rename etc,also on some of my download music files they have the (www. where i downloaded it from) can this part be removed,and finally does this sort out the id3 tags automatically?..

Thanx in advance.

Iain

Sorry, I hardly understand your problems. So I try my best and guess.

You can work with MP3tag on any device that is reachable with the Windows explorer. You can work directly on that device.
Where do you have a "www where i downloaded it from"? In the filename? In the TITLE?
What is "this" that sorts out id3 tags automatically?
If you refer to MP3tag: no "this" does not search for tags automatically, you have to select the files that belong together and then you can use one of the web sources, the freedb or your own input to fill the tags. Please note that you usually need filled artist, album and title to get the web scources to help you.

It would help if you could give an exact example of what the filenames (I guess it is them) look like.
E.g.
You can use Convert>Filename-Filename
and enter
%1www
as mask over the old filename
and enter
%1
as mask over the new filename.
This should get rid of the www at the end.
If there is something behind the www, the old mask would look like this:
%1www%2
and the one for the new filename
%1
As there are so many possibilities it is better to discuss it with a concrete example.
What you have not yet answered: have you filled the tgs yet? If not but the data is in the filename, you could use
Convert>Filename-Tag
Again, a concrete example would make it much easier to show you the parameters.

Thank you again,here is an example,Hardwell, W&W - Jumper (Riggi & Piros Remix)www.livingelectro.com,,this last part.

Regards
Iain

Try Convert>Filename-Tag first.
Enter as mask:
%artist% - %title%www%dummy%

this should fill the fields ARTIST and TITLE
but TITLE only with "Jumper (Riggi & Piros Remix)"

Once you have filled the fields, you can rename the file.
For this use Convert>Tag-Filename.
Enter as mask:
%artist% - %title%

Thank you,will give that a try and let you know.

Regards
Iain

Hi,that did not work,,the last part always remains,it can be in ( ) or [ ],or just plain text.

Regards
Iain

Before the converter works, you have to select the files which should be treated.

Did you enter

%artist% - %title%www%dummy%
(try copy and paste)
as this should cut away anything following the "www"?
Also watch out for additional blanks or other hyphens. If the preview does not show the proper field alignment or stays empty, then the maks does not match the pattern in the filename. And I can only be as good as that what you accurately show me.

Thanks again will have another try,i am new to this so maybe user error.

Regards
Iain

This has now worked,huge thanx for this,,i have one or two files that leave [ at the end after rename so will try some other settings and play around...

Regards
Iain