Same tag name but different meaning

in the binary editor, the full date YYYY-MM-DD is displayed as DATE, not year

Isn't the long one shown as TDAT in the editor?

See this entry from the changelog:

[2013-10-06] CHG: reverted change: ID3v2.3 TYER/TDAT now merged into one YEAR field formatted as YYYY-MM-DD (due to popular request).
and
[2012-09-29] CHG: ID3v2.3 TYER/TDAT now merged into one YEAR field formatted as YYYY-MM-DD.

Background: some other programs write non-standard data into TYER (more than 4 digits) - but to avoid loss of data, this format is still kept.
You may decide which one you want to keep.

I'm downloading from a deezer, there are two tags there, you can see them TYER or TDAT

do not fit - then how can I rename it to a long one?

Both want a 4-digit number.
TYER wants a real year,
TDAT represents month and day.

If you want a field that has a more exact date, then use RELEASETIME.

%artist%%RELEASETIME% - %album% - $num(%track%,2). %title% dont work

%artist%%TYER% - %album% - $num(%track%,2). %title%

If you have 2 fields of the same type (in your case YEAR) you have a mult-value field.
To address the first field, use
$meta(YEAR,0)
to address the second:
$meta(YEAR,1)

1 Like

It works! Somehow all this is implicit, it is necessary to enter it in the help, thank you!

There are an infinite number of tag combinations possible, including multiple tags with the same name. The help docs can’t itemize every one of these specifically.

I have never encountered one tag and different values before. Obviously, this is incorrect, sorry of course. If there are different data, then it would be logical to assume different values of the field, and then how to send a letter to the address - and there are two different cities

There is a help on multi-value fields:

If you check the column definition of the default installation then you will see that it shows all the values of a multi-value field as "value".

I think that also the tag panel shows all values, separated with \\.
I your case I would investigate which program writes the (according to the ID3 standard) invalid YEAR field.

1 Like

Thanks bro, as I said, these are audio files from the deezer, they are downloaded from the server as such

It's a FLAC file where a default mapping for VorbisComments from DATE to YEAR is applied. It can be disabled via Tools β†’ Options β†’ Tags β†’ Mapping, although I don't recommend it.

More on mappings is available at Help β†’ User-defined field mappings.

1 Like

Thank you for your support, Florian. I tried different combinations and did not set them up for display, please tell me

Please read the linked help topic if you decide to change something there. To make both fields appear, you'd have to remove the mapping.

1 Like