Save keyboard shortcut doesn't work

I wasn't sure whether to post this topic here or in the bugs forum because I don't know if this is a problem with my computer or the Mp3tag. If this is in the wrong place, I apologize.

Basically, the "save" keyboard shortcut does not appear to work. Every other shortcut works, but ctrl+s does not save my tags. It doesn't do anything. I've been using this program for years and have never had a problem that I can recall. I would just use the right panel, but it has never been as convenient for me as the tag panel. And having to click the save button for every track is an annoyance I would like to try to avoid.

Has anyone ever heard of a problem like this? I can provide additional information if need.

I'm using version 2.51, and I have already tried installing and uninstalling the program. I have also tried reverting to previous versions.

I appreciate any help anyone can give me.

I've never found the Tag Panel to be at all convenient for editing information that is not shared by more than one track. Editing in the columns is always more convenient for things like individual track titles or track artists. You just edit one, hit Enter, and go down the list, hitting Enter each time to advance.

But when I do use the Tag Panel - for things like Album, AlbumArtist, Genre, Year - I've never had a problem with Ctrl-S not working.

Well, apparently restarting my computer one last time worked?

I don't know. Maybe it's just too much of a habit at this point because I started out not realizing you could edit information in the columns.

Thanks for your reply, anyway.

One keyboard shortcut that has not worked for me is Alt+T which is the extended tags panel. Glad you managed to short out your problem with a simple restart :stuck_out_tongue: