Save tags WITH MOUSE CLICK does not work, if value is SELECTED from existing ones IN PERSONALLY ADDED FIELDS of Tag Panel (2.88b)

I do not use them, use only Vorbis comments and ID3v2.3 utf-16, and use only 3 file types: flac, mp3 and opus. (But opus I all convert now to mp3 and send them to trash -- it is immature, unsolved type, leastwise for music.) I tried all variants of mixes (only flac, flac+mp3 and so on) -- no difference.

(But this all is, I am sure, indifferent. 2.88a works -- 2.88b does not. Nothing changed on my laptop, only Mp3tag version.)

BTW, and excuse for stupid question: did you check, you use really 2.88b? Simply because this all story is so strange for me.

The APE tags were just an idea - if you read but do not write them, it could be that you always see the old APE tags.
I am pretty sure that only very few people use APE - but they could have crept in. So it would be worthwhile to check.

Yes. even with a new installation. It works for MP3 files in my installations. So apparently, I cannot help you..

I'm accurate. I use constant Foobar and frequent Mp3tag filters, practically nothing can happen in my music files without my awareness. :smiley: So, there are no APE or any other tags.

Sorry. Anyway, thank you for your help.

One idea, but only a rough guess: can you check if you have multiple fields for TOTALTRACKS configured in the Tag Panel?

I checked it: no.
Now I try a total fresh, clean reinstall.

Uninstalled, installed a fresh 2.88b. Works well.

Gave back the old components one by one.
usrfields.ini seems to be the cause. After I played a little with checking/unchecking the visibility of personally added fields by the new feature, now ALL work normally. Tracktotal too.

May be, solved?

Do you happen to have the old version of the usrfields.ini? I'd be interested in analyzing the issue.

Before uninstall, I saved both, working and personal folders. After new install tried to change new files/folders with old ones (moved back old ones), one by one, in diagnostic purposes. Working folder back (PrF86): no problem. C:\Users\ItsMe\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\export and file mp3tag.cfg gave back: works well. Gave back C:\Users\ItsMe\AppData\Roaming\Mp3tag\data folder -- the previous defect started again. Replaced again the data folder with new one (from new install -- first I backed up it too), and started gave back files of the old folder, one by one. The first file was usrfields.ini, and the problem started right again. Then I leaved this old one working, but tried in the program check-uncheck the visibility, and slowly healed himself. I did not do anything else.

OK, that's magical indeed.

I'm moving this to #bug-reports:no-bugs for the time being. Please let me know in case it happens again.

All right, I shall do it. And thank you for your attention.
A moment, I forgot to notice: earlier, when you constructed the new feature with visibility checking of Tag Panel individual fields, I manually add to the end of usrfields.ini the rows:

[#22]
value=COMMENT
name=Jegyzet
multiline=1
enabled=0

The idea was from forum (to have multiline COMMENT field), but I use it rarely, besause it do not let to use the standard (one line) COMMENT field (they interfere). And multiline fields do not let me to copy one field with method, mentioned in the topic start. The numeration ([#22]) was correct.

2.88d: the problem still exists.
(And the behavior is not associated with _SEPARATOR. Some fields work, some not.)

Thanks! Can you try with the latest Development Build Mp3tag v2.88e?

Yes -- I yet trying. The nuance: the new "Save config" of Tag Panel opens the working folder (Program Files -- Win7), not the personal (C:\Users...), so in File >> Backup your settings these files will not included.

Later: ...or open any else folder -- it seems not to be regulated, as for columns' saves.

You can create a panels directory in your user directory — it should open there then. I'll create that directory by default with the next release (similar to the columns directory).

1 Like

Yes, thank you for your reply, I did it so (similar, I mean).

Oh! It is nice, I did this folder.

By the way -- thank you very much! It was I thought a suggestion (I mean, save panel's configs). :slight_smile: Now I have already 4 of them: for pop and for classical, vertical and horizontal.

1 Like

Not a "problem", a bug, only interesting: there is 1 record (file). Selected. In context menu I change the Tag Panel's config (from Pop vertical to Classical vertical). The record remains selected -- but the data in Tag Panel is invisible. I must to click on a blank space, then select it again, to see data in Panel. And, it is not enough to "once more" click on an already selected line -- first I must to click on a blank space.

1 Like

Good catch. I'll improve this for the next version. Thanks!

So, about the starting theme: now all fields save well with selected, by mouse click. I tryed all fields of one of my Panel's configs.

Thank you, Florian. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great :slight_smile: Thanks for confirming the fix!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.