Script to insert album year into album name

Hi All,

I use a Cowon X7 player, while it has great sound it lacks on navigation/ interface design.

The thing is, if the music is grouped by artist it will only display albums based on alphabetical order. For example, the artist "Deftones" displays albums in order of "Adrenaline", "Around the Fur", "Back to School", etc.

However, I wish to view the album list by date of release not alphabetical order. Something like "2001 - Adrenaline", "2002 - Back to School".

The only way I can think to do this is to take the %Year% field and insert into the %Album% field. Something like %New_Album% = %Year%+%Album%.

I'm not sure how to approach this and whether I need to create a temporary field to merge and then overwrite %Album% field.

Any help would be great.

Cheers,

Gary

Try an action of the type "Format value" for ALBUM
Format string: %year% _ %album%

Take care that you use a character as separator that is usually not part of the ordinary album name as then it will be easier to get rid of the YEAR part when it is not necessary any more.
The underscore _ is better in that respect as the hyphen - is more often part of ordinary language.

Works perfectly!