Search Fields and Propogate to Other Fields

I would like to search the file name and the Title for the words "acapella" or "accapella" and add the tag "acapella" to the genre field; appending the tag, if the field already has a tag.

Can someone guide me in the way to do this? Is this a "script" process?
Links to the help documentation would be appreciated too.
(I am under a time-constraint, or I would dig through to find this out the right way.)
THANK YOU

I see, so it is easier to use our time.

Load all the files.
Apply a filter with
%_filename% HAS acapella OR %_filename% HAS accapella OR %title% HAS acapella OR %title% HAS accapella
Select all the files.
Open Converter>Tag-Tag fpr GENRE
Enter as
Format string: %genre%\\acapella
This creates another GENRE field if there already was one.
This means that you might get multi-value fields. I hope that your player can cope with it.

Ohrenkino, I appreciate your time GREATLY, and hope someday I can pay forward your kindness to another. You can always choose to not-reply, rather than make someone feel bad. :frowning: Thank you for your help, truly.

Yes, sorry, I couldn't resist.
So, let us not waste any more time:

does the filter work?

1 Like

[quote] Format string: %genre%\\acapella
This creates another GENRE field if there already was one.
This means that you might get multi-value fields.
[/quote]

If I input the following string '%user1%\\acapella'
That would create a new field in the MP3 with that label, correct?
I believe Virtual DJ will read this, but can I display it as a new column in MP3tag?

You will see that in the same column as the old genre as I think that the column definition is already
$meta_sep(genre,\\)
which shows all genre fields in one table cell.

1 Like

WORKS! (Learning).
Ich weiß Ihre Hilfe wirklich zu schätzen.

No, not really. It would take the contents of field USER1 and assign it together with "acapella" to the field selected for the action.

So if I have an already existing field GENRE and I don't want to overwrite that data, the instruction
%genre%\\acapella
takes the old GENRE field and (as the field GENRE was selected before for the converter) writes that plus the 2 backslashes plus the string to GENRE.
Now, the 2 backslashes work as field separator (that is the way as it is implemented in MP3tag) and so you get 2 fields of the type GENRE: one with the old contents and one with "acapella".
If there has not yet been data in GENRE, then
%genre%\\acapella
produces an empty field and a field with "acapella". But as empty fields cannot and must not exist, you end up with just a single field of the type GENRE.

1 Like

Got it.
And all of this is documented somewhere :slight_smile:
I'm reading the Docs right now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.