Select multiple MP3 files and add album art to all of them

Hey

Winamp has a feature which allows me to select various MP3s and "Send To" Auto-Tag. This does a search and for each file add their tags scanning them. I wanted to do this MP3Tag but for album art but it seems I have to go ONE by ONE adding them...

Is there something Im missing?

Thanks

to add album art to multiple files:

• mark the files
  • right click on the cover preview at the bottom of the tag panel at the left & click "add cover" (or just drag a picture into the cover preview window.
  • save the files (strg + s)

to see if files have album art for all files:

• right-click on the headline of the file list and click "Customize columns..." (or in the menubar: View > Customize columns...)
  • Click "New", Name: "Cover"(or whatever you like), Value: %_covers%

This displays how many covers a file has.
Maybe you also want to display the columns for %_cover_mimetype%, %_cover_type% or %_cover_size%. You can do so in the same way.

Did not know this but thanks.

I didnt mean this. I ment when multiple files are from multiple artists from multiple albums. Should be able to scan and put a cover for each one (either the 12" single or if not avaliable the album cover)

Is it possible?

No.
Tagging from the internet with Mp3Tag is only possible via web sources scripts and those are mostly album based. And they can't be run over multiple albums, you have to search and confirm for every album.
You can tag single files via web sources scripts, but as you sayed you have to go one by one.

Theres a feature suggestion then :slight_smile:

Would it be difficult to implant this?

+1 for internet-assisted tag updates across multiple albums, with an efficient way to step through and accept each possible change. This would vastly improve tagging productivity and really help Mp3tag be superior to other competing applications.

Current album-by-album tag search methods are very time-consuming. I have hundreds of albums, so I've given up doing much with most of my tags. I don't know how difficult this would be but it seems very valuable to many.

I'd pay for this capability, especially if several tagging databases were searched simultaneously and reconizing that several of the best tagging databases are not free. I like how dBpoweramp does internet-assisted tagging, but its only available when ripping. The fee for that capability within dBpoweramp was previously $5 annually, but now is bundled with the application license. I'd pay that or more for this feature in Mp3tag.

Perhaps offer a free version and a premium version of Mp3tag that adds this capability.

Florian, what would it take to make this attractive to you? Perhaps conduct a poll to address what you'd need to make this worth your effort?