Sequential Numbering (xtra space) & Ghost Tags

Hi All, there are 2 questions.

I've been using $num(%track%,1) to create the sequential album numbering for TRACKNUMBER. But this adds an extra space on the right of the numbers. I've tried variation with no luck.

Instead of right justified numbers like below.
"1"
"2"
"3"
and so on
"10"
"11"

I get an extra space on the right side of the numbers. Any ideas on how to fix?
"1 "
"2 "
"3 "
"10 "
"11 "

QUESTION #2:
I deleted tag called "Encoded By" for an entire album by selecting all the files, right click, Red X, etc. They are gone from the GUI, from the tags, AOK. But then I go to MusicBee and add some lyrics. When I come back and open MP3Tag, many of these "Encoded By" tags are back. I've batch deleted this field 4 times now. This happens frequently.

Any ideas why they keep coming back from the dead/deleted?

Check for a space after the '$num(%track%,1)_' like so.

Its not so much a tag but information on what has encoded your file. Think mp3tag reads this and it is one of them 'tags' people would ever hardly touch. Does it matter that much? Does your player even display this info or more importantly is it really necessary for you to have it displayed in mp3tag?

That was it. Thank you so much. My gosh, the invisible issue.

I still can't figure out why those tags keep coming back. MusicBee must keep that stuff in the library database.

Post MusicBee questions in their forum.

The current stable version does do some automatic (not specified by the user) messing about with tags, for example wrt FLAC UNSYNCHRONIZEDLYRICS -> LYRICS
dual ALBUM ARTIST and ALBUMARTIST tags if there is an album artist
ENCODER written as a tag
which reports which encoder and version was used to compress the audio

I believe the information is retrieved from the audio header information, the binary one, not user tags.

The dev has I believe removed this behaviour from the current development version, which should be published as stable within a month or so.

I believe his intention from now on is to only mess with tags when the user explicitly configures it to do so.

Which is a policy I wish other mainstream player/cataloging tools would follow.