Server Connection

As a new user of this program I am having problems accessing files on the server.

I am selecting my files, then going to feedb, selecting determine via web-search, entering the artist name and then clicking OK but I just get the message. Error connecting to server:http://www.freeb.org
I have got my correct e-mail address in the options and I can access www.freeb.org separatly.

Any Ideas

Hello and welcome to the forums!

Can you please increase the timeout value at Options > freedb > Server to 5 and make sure that your firewall allows connections from Mp3tag via HTTP.

Best regards,
~ Florian

I am currently experiencing problems connecting to freedb with all programs (PlexTools Professional, EAC, MP3Tag). Seems their server is down.

Edit: Weird - I can access the page with Firefox and IE, but as I said, not with any of the mentioned programs. :flushed:

I'm experiencing the same problems and even can't access the page through Firefox or IE.

Thanks for keeping the heads up, Sebastian :slight_smile:

Best regards,
~ Florian

Many thanks,

I have increased the timeout, but still no joy. I can attach to freedb.org through Internet Explorer and see the Artist I am looking for, so there seems to be no problem with my firewall.

Any other sugestions?

Maybe your firewall blocks access to the Internet on application level? So you'll have to setup an extra rule which allows Mp3tag to connect to the Internet.

Best regards,
~ Florian