Show filename in Tag Panel

How can you get the filename to show in the Tag Panel? I have tried adding it as FILENAME and _FILENAME in Tools > Options > Tag Panel. A field does show in the Tag Panel, but it is always empty; it doesn't show the actual filename of the selected song.

FILENAME is a tag. It’s not actually the filename.

You need to create an action to copy the filename to the FILENAME tag.

Then it will show up in the tag panel.

Assuming I figure out how to do that, will making changes in my "filename" field in the Tag Panel change the actual filename, like you can do in a Filename column?

The tag panel will not show any properties that are not tag fields.
As a rule of thumb, these are all properties that start with an underscore like %_length%, %_cover_width% etc.
If you add a user-defined field, the you as the user have to maintain it.

BTW: AFAI understood the purpose of the tag panel, it eases the way to add the same data for several files.
The same filename for several files is invalid.

No.

AFAI understood the purpose of the tag panel, it eases the way to add the same data for several files. The same filename for several files is invalid.

Yeah, that's a good point. Thanks to both responders. I will stick to adjusting filenames in the main track list.

What about using the converters Tag-Filename and Filename-Filename? This might lead to a uniform pattern.

There are invalid only if there are in the same folder

I have multiple cases of files with the exact FILENAME- but each in a folder of a different artist. Am I the only one? I think not- just think of all the cover versions of the songs you like

Thence: an option to be able to put FILENAME into the tag Panel could be beneficial to some users

Therefore I have just made an adequate request