Slightly adjusting the default sort order on the account of one sign

The default alphabetical sort [in the direction from A to Z] order of ALBUM [or any tag] field is this:

Title
Title (Movie Score Expanded)
Title (Movie Score Extended)
Title (Movie Score)
Title (Video Game Score)

And the order I would like to see is this:

Title
Title (Movie Score)
Title (Movie Score Expanded)
Title (Movie Score Extended)
Title (Video Game Score)

So it seems that it comes down to this: the >>)<< should always come before the >> << [empty space; followed by whatever signs?]

I have this code put in the "Sort by" field of my column
$replace($replace(%ALBUM%,' ',1),'((,2)but it does not work

What happens, if you remove the brackets altogether for the sorting term?
$replace(%title%,'(',,')',)

Magic happens

Both >>(<< and >>)<< are removed from the view- and the titles are sorted as they should

However- you can no longer edit data in such columns. Plus I personally need to see those () [and others] and cannot afford in terms of space to have turned on two versions of the same column [one for viewing and one for editing] or relay for editing only on the Tag Panel

So it is a black magic

You have to enter the sorting criteria in the column definition field "Sort by". The entries for "Field" and "Value" still only feature only the field name.

I think I need to go to sleep as the magic no longer works; so how it could had worked the first time- I simply saw what I wanted to see

So a code like this
$replace(%ALBUM%,'(',,')',)only hides the () but the sorting stays the same; even if the fields of "Value" and "Field" are filled with just %ALBUM%

I just tried it an if works for me.
Of course it removes the () (what you don't see - if that is so, then you have done something wrong) as the () have a higher character code value than a space character, the entries with a space following an ordinary character are further up the list than the ones with ().
If you remove the () then "no character" is higher up the list than the space character.

You are right- I did something wrong

And I was right- I was beginning to make back then the stupidest mistakes

Now everything works as it should. I testes this this code with existing examples plus I threw at it some made up possibilities and it holds

So thank you very much