Some folders wont open

First off, i am NOT very savvy with computers and don't know 3/4's of what you're talking about from what I've read here. Secondly, this is the first time on here and using mp3tag and i have to say it is FANTASTIC!!
ok, my problem is this. I just went through all my music and put the track numbers on it. I had previously been getting a error code 0x8007000D message and this has cleared up 99% of it! There are a few that still refuse to allow it. However, now there are a few albums that will not open. Normally I double click and they open. Now, after putting track numbers on, some of them don't. If I right click and hit 'open', nothing happens either. Right click 'open in new window', nothing. BUT, if I right click play with vlc media player if WILL open. (and it's all in the correct order!) Do you know why this is happening and how I can fix it? There are only about 8 or 10 album folders that are doing this but it is frustrating. Remember, if there is a fix for this tell it to me like I'm 5 years old, slow and in depth with explanations cause I'm old and not smart with computers! lol. Thanks in advance for any help you can provide me.

I am not sure that I understand what you mean should happen if you use the "open" function from the explorer context menu.
Does this have anything to do with MP3tag?
Because AFAIK the entry in the Explorer context menu is called "Mp3tag" and there is no function to open files with MP3tag in a new window.
Then: what kind of files are we talking about? mp3? flac? wav? something else?

I think has nothing to do with MP3tag but is a Windows Update error code. But I could be wrong.

They are mp3 files, all music. when I go to my music library and click on an album, some now wont open. (they all did before I used MP3tag to do the track listings.) So if I right click on the album in my music library it has open, open in new window, add to vlc media player play list, play with vlc media player and many more including send to, cut, copy, delete, rename, and there is now also a MP3tag on that too. Your product had been fantastic and fixed those error code problems (with a couple exceptions) but now it's just that 8 or 10 albums wont open to see the songs, you have to hit play with vlc player to open the folder. It never did that before. So, what do you think?

Isn't this a windows problem?
I am not quite sure what you mean by

is this that you use the Windows Explorer and click on a folder?
Could you then supply a screendump of such a folder, preferably as part of the folder tree so that the files in that folder are visible?
Does MP3tag open the files?

Hi, I use Firefox. I don't know if it uses windows explorer or not. I click on the windows icon, (bottom left of screen) click on music, and that brings up my music library. I'm sorry but I don't know what a screen dump or a folder tree is. There are like 5 folders now that will not open when you click on them. It's weird, if I write the name of the album on the folder like (John 13' Mayer Paradise Valley) it wont open when I click on it. But if I put that in another folder that just says John 13' and click on it it will open to the full name folder and then that will open! Strange huh?

Sorry, you have lost me now.
Firefox is an internet browser AFAIK.
So I think that what you describe has hardly anything to do with MP3tag.
And as I cannot look over your shoulder what goes on on your screen, I cannot help you.

Can you open one of the problem folders after navigating to it in File Explorer?
Use the attached screenshot for help.

Thank you for trying to help ryerman but I think I am just a hopeless cause. I have no idea how to even get to the screen you showed me! Let me try explain what I do and what happens. I have windows 7 on a Dell Lattitude E4310 (don't know if that makes any difference.) I click on the windows icon at the bottom left of the screen and it brings up win7, documents, pictures, music, computer, control

Thank you for trying to help ryerman but I think I am just a hopeless cause. I have no idea how to even get to the screen you showed me! Let me try explain what I do and what happens. I have windows 7 on a Dell Lattitude E4310 (don't know if that makes any difference.) I click on the windows icon at the bottom left of the screen and it brings up win7, documents, pictures, music, computer, control panel etc. I click on music and it brings up music library but there are no tools or anything that looks like the screen you sent me. I click on my music and it brings up all the music folders I have. John Mayer for instance has 7 folders in it for his seven albums. They all used to open no problem, but now one of them will not open when I click on it. However, if I put it inside of another folder named John13' (instead of John 13' Mayer paradise Valley) it will open to the full named folder and then when I click on that it opens! But if I use the full title it wont open. I've also noticed the track listings and titles of the songs on a few do not stay there permanently. I can get them listed but next time i go to play certain ones they are no longer "fixed". When I looked at the MP3tag page some of them don't have codec things, would that be part of the problem? What is codec anyway? I'm sorry if I seem very ignorant, but, well, I am. I don't know much at all about all this stuff. But i do thank you for trying to help me. Hopefully my explanations will be of some assistance?

Dear @ironsides,
this does no look quite plausible to me.
On the one hand you claim that

and then you say that

Could you describe what you did to

Esp. because you tell us

How did you get MP3tag to open files?
Which function did you use to

I am asking because most of these functions cannot be called without the execution of the tasks we described before.
Also it would be interesting to see where you

I am not using MP3tag to open things. I just used it to do the track listings and song titles. I brought up the MP3tag page, clicked on change directory, then chose the albums one by one. Each time I would click select all files then hit save. It's on that page I noticed that some songs didn't have the codec thingy. Some are missing, some say MPEG 2 Layer III, some say MPEG 1 Layer III. I have no clue what that all means. Even though it saves the tag it is not always right on the songs and one album still refuses to take the tags giving me that error code even though MP3tag says it is saved. Some when I open them I have to put the track number on because it did not do it automatically like most of them have. I don't know how to use MP3tag to open stuff or any of the other features