some questions

Hi there, i'm trying to switch from helium2 to mp3tag for various reasons, and
will have some questions cause they are not very alike, so pls bare with me a bit

First, upon renaming file (tag to filename) i tried to put my naming scheme but i have
problem with [] characters, i got sytax error with this format string
%artist% [%year%] %album%$num(%track%,2) %artist% - %title%
Is it possible that mp3tag doesn't recognize ] character?

Secondly, is it possible that i save my various naming schemes, and that just recall them from some template?

thank you

1. The brackets [ and ] are special characters in Mp3tag's scripting language (as described here at the bottom of the page). Just escape them using single quotes ' like %artist% '['%year%']' %album%\$num(%track%,2) %artist% - %title%
  2. They are saved in the history and you can select them from the drop-down lists that are available on the various converter dialogs.
Kind regards, Florian

wow, tnx for quick reply! usually have to wait 2 weeks to get an answer at my old tag forum

I tried with ' and it worked flawlessly, i see the history in drop down menu too
Will it be possible that mp3tag remove the cue;jpg files to destination folder too?

This program is superfast!

regards

This is not possible using the converter Tag - Filename but you can try using an action Format value for the field _DIRECTORY to simply rename the directory and move all files included to the new destination.

Kind regards,
Florian

ok, i think i managed to do so with _directory field
This Action thing seems powerful tool, so basically i can use actions for my renaming needs,
and no need for tag to filename?
Thank you very much florian, one final question for now, what string should i use (if possible) so my renamed folder ends up in parent directory ie music, not inside working folder?

edit. after donating, should i send some info or it's an automated process?

You can use ..\ to go one folder up, e.g. ..\%artist% - %album%

You don't need to do anything. I'll send you a thank you mail as soon as I answer my inbox.

ok, thank you for all your answers Florian

regards