Some windows are opening in wrong behaviour

Some windows, such as Reading Directory or Quick Action, still open in the center of the main application window, and although they can be moved elsewhere, re-calling these windows makes them reappear in the center of the main application window.

What are the consequences?
If two monitors are used, then such a window opens at the edge of one of the monitors, and it may even fall out on the secondary screen.

Example: if the main part of the application window is on, say, screen 1 on the right and most of the applications are on screen 1, the auxiliary windows fall off the left edge of monitor 1 and not in the center of that monitor, which would be easier for inspection.
If the application is stretched more to the screen 2 (even by a few pixels only) due to the behavior of Win10 (moving windows away from the edge of the monitor by a few pixels), the dialogs as above fall on screen 2 on the left, not where the main body of the application is (monitor 1).

What I wish?
I would like to decide the position of these windows by moving them (better) or I would like them to appear at least in the center of the Windows so called Main Display (worse).

Can you also release the position of Quick Action and Reading Directory windows so that when you move them to any place, they remember their position?
This has already been done for other helper and dialog windows, e.g. the Action Groups or Tag-Filename window can be moved anywhere and it remembers its position during next opening of them.
Please!

I've added this with Mp3tag v3.10b. Most of the dialogs now remember their position.

1 Like

Thank you, but It is not working correctly, e.g. Reading Directory Window is fixed after first move. Any next move gives nothing, window return to the first fixed position. I believe some other Windows have the same behaviour.

Main app Window is now moveable if one of dual head monitors is switched off, thank you, but the size and position of that window is still fixed, app remembers the size and position of it for dual monitors, not changes the size to working monitor if second monitor is off.

I'll correct this with the next version.

This is too unspecific to address this. Please let me know which windows in case you encounter this again.

I'm currently not planning to remember different sizes and positions for different monitors. I think that Windows is already doing a huge amount of work there and the results are pretty good for me. Interfering with that, would mean that I add more and more functionality that should be part of the OS into Mp3tag. Let me know if you know an app that does this is a reasonable way.

Thank you!

Of course, sorry. What I find for now:

1. Writing Tag Data after OK in Action Menu
  2. Create Playlist With This Name from File Menu
  3. Mp3Tag Options from Tools Menu
    I do not know, what is behaviour of any Error Dialog Windows, because can not find any error during my searching for now.

I understand loud and clear! I agree with you.

Some additional information:
Other apps have the same problems also, but in different way, e.g. Adobe main windows are glued to main monitor in opposite to MP3Tag glued to first monitor from left (first pixel of Desktop if I good understand behaviour?), but problem exists with all Tools Palletes, which are not visible and left on switched off monitor in the style you fixed now in MP3Tag.

Why is it so important?
Look, your app is as special written for Dual Head because of calc sheet type of data organize:

(BTW., monitors are divided by red line, arrows show that behaviour of Win 10 to create automatically the margins for any apps, I wrote about in last post, what sometimes move Dialog Windows to secondary monitor. So, if the left margin is a little bigger (we talk about a few pixels what is easy to make, e.g. if we move the Main Window by accident), the fixed Dialog Windows landed on Right Monitor by red line, if the right margin is bigger, that Windows landed on Left Monitor by red line).

On 1 Monitor system:

At least the progress dialog position should be remembered with Mp3tag v3.10c now.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.