Sorting on multiple columns

Hi everyone,

Maybe someone could help me. Is it possible to sort the list of files on multiple columns on the mac version? I tried everything I could think of, but no results. The sorting is always on one column.

Regards,
Angelo

Hi and welcome!

You can either sort by Column 2 first and then by Column 1 or create a dedicated "sorting column" via Preferences → File List that has a format string at Sort by which resembles the different criteria you want for sorting, e.g., %_path% or %artist%%year%%album%$num(%track%,2)

Hi Florian,

Thank you for your fast reply. But I don't understand what you mean by sort by Column 2 first and then by Column 1. When I click on a column it will sort, but when I click on another column it will sort on that column.

But thanks for the hint in the Preferences. I did not know that File List was used for that. I will look into this.

This is the way I do it, and it is very helpful. For example, my "Album" column displays %Album% but is sorted using this logic; %albumsort% %discnumber% %track% %title%

Plus that way when you click on the column, it will always sort with this method.

1 Like

Thats smart :blush: Thank you for sharing this. I will make use of your idea :smiley:

1 Like