Splitting Filename into other fields

Hi everyone,

I have to manage a large number of music tracks starting from the FILENAME field which contains all the elements to populate the fields of each tracks.
All elements of the FILENAME are separated by the "- " character (i.e.: space, dash, space).

Here is sample of FILENAME and its FILENAME structure:

3907 - A BAILAR - JOSE BASSO - ALFREDO BELUSI - 1967 - TANGO CANTATO

Structure:
3907 = TRACK NUMBER (not important to me; could be omissed at the end of the job)
A BAILAR = TITLE
JOSE BASSO = ARTIST
ALTREDO BELUSI = ALBUM ARTIST
1967 = DATE (four digits)
TANGO CANTATO = GENRE

I would like to point out, in case it is useful to know, that not all FILENAMES also contain the data for the ALBUMARTIST field, but only the data for the ARTIST field.
Therefore, the translation rule should state that if the value of the YEAR field is found after the third element of the FILENAME (i.e., the TITLE field), the ALBUMARTIST field should be omitted.

Thank very much!
Ian

I thnik that the import of data form the filename happens only very few times in the life of a file, in many cases only once.
Therefore I still suggest that you treat the files with the full set of fields first
and then filter for the ones where the import pattern in Convert>Filename-Tag did not match and therefore did not get any data.
The pattern for

would be:
%track% - %title% - %artist% - %albumartist% - %year% - %genre%

Thank for the suggestion! I couldn't locate the proper (and so easy!) function to my needs!
Ian