Star next to track in iTunes

What tag should i add to make this star appear near needed track (Editing in Mp3Tag to make it appear in iTunes)

Безымянный

The question is whether this star is data that is stored in a tag of just in the settings of the player.
Check the extended tags dialogue (Alt-T) to see if there is a field that looks like a star or something.
As iTunes does not even read the rating field, I am not too optimistic that iTunes will consider this star.

That single star is not a tag of any kind.

It is Apple proprietary information, and just means that a particular song is popular among Apple users (it used to mean it was popular in iTunes Store)...

Pretty sure it cannot be manipulated.

1 Like

There isn't any field that would be consdered as a star tag

I've actually did it, I've added a star to a song, that was hard as i had to add ITUNESPURCHASEDATE, ITUNESCATALOGID, COPYRIGHT, ITUNESMEADIATYPE and pretty a lot of other tags, definitions of what was really hard to come up with (some tags), but at the end of a day I came up with conclusion that you need to have at least one bought track on the album to add that "star tag" to a proper song, now it almost looks like I bought it

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.