String manipulation in FTF conversion?

Is there any way to perform string manipulation in the Filename to Filename conversion? I'd like to perform the left function on 3rd token only. The new filename pattern would be:

$left(%3, 1)\\%3\\%4\\%6 ~ %7

Is there a way to do this now in the FTF conversion?

No, this is currently not possible.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Any plans to add this, eventually?

I seem to be noticing a trend with your replies to me, and your lack of them for the most part. I'm sorry I'm so offensive to you. I think mp3Tag is an excellent piece of software with a few quirks I don't care for. What I'm really saying is, my questions/suggestions are not attacks and I'm hoping you don't interpret them as such. I remember we went back and forth on an issue that seemed to be a result of unpredictable results on my side, I apologize. Believe me when I say that it was just as frustrating for me.

I think Florian simply doesn't have the time to answer all posts immediately due to the fact that he is busy with the university. Another reason might be that he is thinking whether or not such a feature would be useful.

Fair enough. I could be being hyper-sensitive. That's one of the problems with only the written word to converse with on the web: it's tough to tell someone's tone of voice/facial expression/etc.

beaker,

I'm very busy with university at the moment and it's also only a few days until christmas - so my spare time for Mp3tag is very small.

I read all posts and keep a internal list of post I wish to answer, or where I have to throw a decision. I sometimes need several weeks to decide about a specific suggestion, but as you can see on the forums almost every post is anserwed by me, Sebastian or dano.

I usually also have a priority hierachy from critical bug reports to simple suggestions - so please be a little bit more patient on replies for suggestions. I also get about ten support requests, suggestions and bug reports a day per simple mail. These ones should be answered also.

I just came home from university while I get up at 6:30 this morning (yes, this is a long day!). Now I have to pack my bags, because I'm visiting my parents this weekend. Tomorrow I'll get up at 6:30 again and will leave the town at the end of my lectures at 17:00.

I hope you understand, that I'll not decide about the availability of scripting functions at FTF atm. But I also hope, that you know now that I'll not forget to answer your question before the next release of Mp3tag.

Best regards,
~ Florian

I was being stupid, so I retract my statement. Good luck with finals and enjoy your holiday.

Thank you :slight_smile: That would save a lot of time, and could keep my ripping/taging process mostly automated.

I've added the scripting functions to the FTF converter with the latest Development Build.

:santa:

Best regards,
~ Florian

Awesome! Happy holidays :santa: and thanks again.