Sub tracks - import data from text file

I note that since Mp3tag v2.95 the Discogs tag source supports subtracks.
I write not about using Discogs as a source but to enquire how mp3tag supports subtracks.

My question is: how do I go about populating sub track data when a single track comprises a medley of different songs? If it is possible for Discogs data, shouldn't it be possible to import from a text file?
The same goes for classical music.

I would be grateful to be pointed in the right direction.

Many thanks.

The Discogs tag source also only offers the subtracks to be used during import for individual files. That is, there is no special handling of single-track medleys comprised on several different songs.

If you want to import those subtracks from a text file, the data must be formatted as if it would be a single track.

I know, this is not what you were aiming at when you've asked here, but this is the current state. If someone has a special workflow for handling those albums, feel free to chime in. I'm also happy to learn.

Thank you Florian. I was intrigued that there might be a possibility.

The only way would be to split the track according to the songs contained in the medley with gapless playback but this would introduce a whole list of other issues: the integrity of original track numbers; the time involved in bringing this about.
My query stemmed from the need to separate movements all contained within a single classical music track and from medleys containing almost entire songs.
I hope that I can manage a workable solution :slightly_smiling_face:

I too would be curious to know if anyone has successfully come up with a way to do this that is supported in common players. Would some form of cue file help in this case?