[Suggestion] In the confirmation dialog, specify whether you are moving to the Recycle Bin or permanently deleting (and specify the number of selected files)

Accorting to the documentation :

Key Action
Del Remove file (without deleting it)
Ctrl+Del Delete file (to Windows Recycle Bin if activated in Windows and available on that drive)
Ctrl+Shift+Del Delete file (WARNING: the file will be removed from your harddrive!)

Currently if you press either Ctrl+Del or Ctrl+Shift+Del, you get the exact same Do you want to delete all selected files? dialog:
Screenshot 2024-01-22 203138
My suggestion is to make a distinction, i.e.

• with Ctrl+Del display:
    Do you want to move these files to the Recycle Bin?
  • with Ctrl+Shift+Del display:
    Do you want to permanently delete these files?

Also, since the number of files is not currently displayed, I'd suggest displaying the number of files to be deleted, i.e. if it's just 1, to show:
Do you want to move/permanently delete this file?
while if there are more than one, to show their number, i.e.
Do you want to move/permanently delete these 2 files?

Using Mp3Tag 3.22 x64 on win11.

Thank you

As described in the decoumentation:
this is only true if you have set the function in the Windows options to use the Recycle bin.
grafik

If you have set the option not to use the Recycle Bin then even Ctrl+Del deletes permanently.

Yes, I'm aware of that. So, I'd suggest adding "if available" to that dialog, i.e.:
Do you want to move these 2 files to the Recycle Bin (if available)?
and leave it up to the user the concern to have the Recycle Bin enabled.
The main goal of my suggestion is to avoid displaying the exact same dialog box with two different keyboard shortcuts.