Suggestion - Multiple Column Groups

It would be nice to be able to define multiple groups of columns to suit different workflows that you do on your files. Something like Total Commander's Custom Columns where you right click on the column headers then you can either customize or choose a predefined column group.

In the meanwhile, keep up the good work Florian... :smiley:

Thank you again Florian! You are making us all very happy with all your hard work. Cheers.

Very useful! BTW, for WIG and consistency, the Load/Save command labels should have '...' at the end.)

As of V2.39f here, the Utils button has stopped showing them! It does nothing.

Yes, I got this behaviour too - in the first try.
Mayby close/open the dialog will fill the utils list.
Try it again.

Afterwards when switching the actual 46-columns columns.ini to a small 3-colums usrfields.ini the grid view displays all tracks with their symbols but the columns were all empty.
Afterwards Mp3tag got a heavy system exception, Dr. Watson did dead checking and Microsoft wanted to know all about the situation.

DD.20071121.0819.CET

Thanks for the confirmation.

Mayby close/open the dialog will fill the utils list.

Here it doesn't.

Please let me know if you find any way to reproduce it (e.g. some special control is active, another app is always running).

(Assuming this is a reference to Suggestion - Multiple Column Groups it is 100% reproduceable here, requiring no special control or other app.

Not sure ...

There seems to be a quirk in the order of columns when writing the screen view to columns.ini.
(hint: the first element of an array has index zero)

After restart of Mp3tag there came up lost of the first column having replaced with the next invisible (?) column, then having two identical columns on different positions.

While this state the Utils button is out of work.
Mp3tag restart helps.

After manually rearranging the column that has been magically moved one step to the right back to the place where it has been before and then closing Mp3tag will cause an exception failure.

=======================================================================
=========
Mp3tag v2.39f - 28.11.2007 - 12:15:09
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
OS-Version: Windows XP Service Pack 2 (Build 2600)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Build: Nov 17 2007 20:26:04
AppPath:  1.133.719.552 Bytes frei (D:\ProgMUSIC\Mp3tag\)
DataPath: 4.247.179.264 Bytes frei (H:\Dokumente und Einstellungen\Admin\Anwendungsdaten\Mp3tag\data\)
TempPath: 4.247.179.264 Bytes frei (H:\DOKUME~1\Admin\LOKALE~1\Temp\Mp3tag v2.39f\)
================================================================================

THROW
File:		.\shasharray.cpp
Line:		198
CATCH
File:		.\mtfilelistctrl.cpp
Line:		202
================================================================================

I hope this helps ...

DD.20071128.1237.CET

This sounds very promising. Unfortunately, I can't reproduce it here :frowning:

Can you send me a columns.ini and step-by-step instructions on how to reproduce this (also possible via email)? This would be great!

Kind regards,
Florian

If any track is selected when you go into customize columns then the Utils button does nothing.

Thanks! This was exactly the bit that was missing to reproduce the issue.

It'll be fixed to the next release.

Fixed.