Suggestion - Please support TIME frame

I am not quite sure why this frame is not supported already? It appears to work in conjunction with the TYER and TDAT frames, which are supported.

From http://id3.org/id3v2.3.0

TYER

The 'Year' frame is a numeric string with a year of the recording. This frames is always four characters long (until the year 10000).

TDAT
The 'Date' frame is a numeric string in the DDMM format containing the date for the recording. This field is always four characters long.

TIME
The 'Time' frame is a numeric string in the HHMM format containing the time for the recording. This field is always four characters long.

I need to delete TIME frames in some files but now I need to find another program to do it!

It the time field is in the files use Remove Field to delete it. MP3Tag doesn't need to display the field in order for you to remove it.

The TIME frame is a member of ID3v2.3, this frame does not exist in ID3v2.4, where the frame TDRC may be used to store the recording datetime.

Just an idea ... you can try, using Mp3tag, to convert the tag-type from ID3v2.3 to ID3v2.4 and investigate what happened to the tag-fields in the "Extended Tags..." view.
Then convert the tag-type from ID3v2.4 to ID3v2.3 and investigate what happened to the tag-fields in the "Extended Tags..." view.
Maybe the TIME frame will be removed by this process?
No, it looks like Mp3tag leaves the TIME frame untouched.

Because the TIME frame is not documented and not supported by Mp3tag you have to use some other application to read the content from a TIME frame resp. to read the entire list of possible stored ID3v2.3 tag-fields.

A simple and quick way would be using the command line tool ffmpeg.exe to remove the ID3v2.3 TIME frame ...

ffmpeg.exe -i "test.1.mp3" -id3v2_version 3 -metadata TIME="" "test.2.mp3"

... or to overwrite input=output file without asking ...
ffmpeg.exe -y -i "test.1.mp3" -id3v2_version 3 -metadata TIME="" "test.1.mp3"

DD.20140311.1545.CET

Thanks for the suggestions.

Chris - Remove Tag doesn't seem to help.

DetlevD - nice idea. Tried it but it didn't read/write the existing comment frame!? Can it do tag updating without making a new file?

Anyway I finally found dbPoweramp with ID Tag Update utility codec will do the job.

Nice to have so many excellent tools to choose from...

Hm, yes, ffmpeg.exe version built on Mar 4 2014 complains ...

[mp3 @ 02e4cec0] incomplete frame

Error while decoding stream #0:0: Invalid data found when processing input

... when there exists a frame COMM in the ID3v2.3 tag, ...
which has been previously written by Mp3tag.exe v2.58 ...
and then the COMM frame is lost.

I do not know which of the two applications has its flaws.

DD.20140312.1131.CET