Suggestions for improving the interface and user experience

Hello friends and developers of this valuable software, I had a few suggestions to improve the software user interface.

1- An option to adjust the dimensions of toolbar icons in three modes: small, medium or large can be very useful. Because in monitors that have a resolution of Full-HD and 4K the tool bar icons display very small.

2 - The ability to adjust the font size of displaying the name and specifications tags, because in high-resolution displays the text and words look very small and illegible, and the ability to adjust the font size can solve this problem.

3- Inserting buttons or icons for the features related to the album cover such as Add Cover, Extract, Adjust and Remove Cover can be very useful, these icons can access the features related to the cover Faster and more user friendly.

In the field of user interface design or redesign, you can sincerely count on my participation.

Finally, with thanks and respect for the development of this excellent and very practical software :pray: :pray: :four_leaf_clover: :four_leaf_clover: :pray: :pray:

1 Like

Please note that other user may use far more fields in the tag panel than you show us. So further buttons would then eat up the vertical space that is otherwise available for fields.

As far as the font sizes go: AFAIK MP3tag uses the system font. So if the letters are too small then this should be a problem that applies to most applications.

The discrepancy of small icons on high resolution screens and the purpose of such displays is something I still don't understand: either I want the higher resolution to see more details - which means in return that each pixel gets a little smaller. Or, if this becomes illegible, then I can use the zoom functions of the OS - which (I think) reduces the overall effect of high resolution displays.
Please note that there are a number of threads that deal with font sizes and toolbar changes. It would be nice if you could join those already running discussions and see how you can add new arguments.

You have my vote on that

On Windows this was possible under

Control Panel > Appearance and Personalization > Personalization > Window Color > Advanced Appearance Settings > Item > Message Box > Font

and on Windows 10 under

Settings > System > Display > Advanced display settings > Advanced sizing of text and other items

but it got replaced with lesser

Settings > System > Display > Scale and layouts

But it is still availlabe in the Registry under

strong textComputer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\Desktop\WindowMetrics

but it is coded. But it an also be accessed with Winaero Tweaker under

Advanced Appearance Settings > Message Font > Change message dialog font > Change font... > Size >

Too see the changes in Mp3tag you have to reset the system. But beware as this option also governs e.g. size of font in Mozilla Thunderbird