Synchronising and deleting Tag formats

I have some tags "Tag" filled that way : ID3v2.3 (ID3v1 ID3v2.3 APEv2)

Well I suppose it means that all sorts of tags are used and I guess it makes files bigger, doesn't it ?

If so, I'd like to know if there's some sort of Action that would synchronize (copy) tags to ID3v2.3, and then delete the unnecessary Tags format (ID3v1, APEv2, etc), so I only have :

ID3v2.3 (ID3v2.3)

Thanks for your ideas ! :slight_smile:

No one has an idea ?

I also checked my Flacs and some have tags like :
FLAC (FLAC) -> FLAC (FLAC ID3v2).

I know it's bad when Flacs have ID3v2 tags because it can be a problem when you burn them. So I really would like to control the tag formats

Go to TOOLS/OPTIONS then tags. You just need to set the read, write, remove sections to do what you want. For example, if I have an MP3 file with id3v1, v2, and ape tags but really just want ID3v2.3 tags I set the following:

READ: I have id3v1, v2, and ape all checked here (this tells mp3tag to read any of this info if it exists). That is some files may have id3v1 others may have ape.

WRITE: Here I select only one type: ID3v2.3 (UTF 16)

REMOVE: I select ID3v1 and APE.

So when done, I have an MP3 file with ONLY ID3v2.3.

EDIT: ok, when this is all set, just highlight all the files you want to do this to and hit save...when it does this, it will follow the above rules and just leave the tag you want.

Well I finally understood what was wrong! There's a little nuance to the statement:

In fact hitting saving will not delete the unwanted tags. You need to hit save, THEN hit delete ! :wink: