Tag .flac or alac (.m4a) with originaldate and reissue/remaster date

Hello!

I have been working on getting a Classical Music selection into itunes. I want to be able to assign a date for when it was originally released, a date for a reissue/remaster, and a date for date composed.

I have been using .flacs, but I also have copies in alac (m4a), so I could use either to accomplish this. Up to now, I have been using the YEAR field, which is mapped to DATE in .flac by MP3Tag. In itunes, this shows up as "Year." I see that itunes has a "release date" which I would like to use for the year the album was released, reissued or remastered. I can't figure out how to map it. I tried to map the VorbisComment, Source: ORIGINALDATE, TARGET: RELEASETIME, but it does not work.

Is it possible to do this?

I think it is definitely possible to map fields.
I would also think that MP3tag displays the data as it is.
I would like to point out that the format for RELEASETIME is:
YYYY-MM-DDThh:mm:ssZ
If you supply only the YYYY then it could be that the target system does not recognize this as valid data.
So, how does the player behave?

Hey ohrenkino,

Sorry for the late response. iTunes is not reporting the data I have imputed, which was a 4 digit year.

As I said, I am using the %releasetime% for the field and mapping it as I specified above.

To keep things simple, I just tried to Tag the already converted ALAC. I tried many different formats. I tried just the year; the year, month, and date; and I even tried a number such as 2016-06-23T09:07:21.205-07:00 and still nothing transfers.