Tag music converted from vinyl

Hello All,

I'm pretty new to this business although I have for many years been involved with audi clean-up. Consequently much of my music is converted from old records (some going back to the Twenties !!)and therefore there are no tags at all. How do I go about tagging these and classifying them re genre etc?

Also, I use WMP 11 and have a Logitech Squeezebox Duet set-up. When WMP transferred my files it automatically assigned "genre" tags to them and many of these are wrong. How can I go about changing them?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

regards

Art.

I know, that discogs features (some) vinyl publications. So perhaps you find some data with one of the discogs scripts.

On the other hand: if you have all these great treasures dating back to the 20s right before you, it would probably be much wiser to type in as much information as you can get from the original cover. I doubt that such information can be found in one of the tag sources.
To add artist, album, year and stuff, you can select all the tracks and enter that information, that is the same for all tracks right in the tag panel (and then save it).
The individual information like title and genre have to be added track by track.
I do not have a lot of experience with the quality of data available for tagging vinyl sources.