Tag Panel Suggestion

I don't know how difficult this would be, but it would be nice if we could specify the width of a Tag Panel item. Fields that take values such as 0/1, or 1 to 99 or a twelve character string don't need very much space.

What I was thinking was allow the user to specify the width as a percentage of the Tag Panel width. Say you had one item that was 50% width followed by another that was 50%, you could place them on the same line. Or you might have three items of 33%, all on the same line. Or say you had 50%, 33%, 33% - the last item adds up to more than 100, so it gets pushed to the next line.

Adjust UserField Size
Tag panel - multiple fields in one line

That would be a great feature, and i wanted to ask for it too, but than i realized, that it would be quite hard to configure. What i can imagine, is to use some scripting, like

$field(%artist%,100%) $char(13) {for end of line}
$field(%title%,50%) $field(%album%,50%)

This way the trackpanel could be completely customizable, maybe there could be a third parameter defining the number of lines in the field. (What would be great for lyrics). But probably scripts won't be very useful for the average user, so i'd prefer something else offering the same functionality.
Maybe there could be an option to use multiple tabs for the tag panel, for example, the 1st would show some general information, the second the lyrics, the 3rd some technical fields, like replaygain, etc.

I hope Florian will express his thoughts on this topic and maybe he'll consider this during the mp3tag development

QUOTE (molnart @ Jul 7 2006, 23:57) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
That would be a great feature, and i wanted to ask for it too, but than i realized, that it would be quite hard to configure. What i can imagine, is to use some scripting, like
$field(%artist%,100%) $char(13) {for end of line}
$field(%title%,50%) $field(%album%,50%)

This way the trackpanel could be completely customizable, maybe there could be a third parameter defining the number of lines in the field. (What would be great for lyrics). But probably scripts won't be very useful for the average user, so i'd prefer something else offering the same functionality.
Maybe there could be an option to use multiple tabs for the tag panel, for example, the 1st would show some general information, the second the lyrics, the 3rd some technical fields, like replaygain, etc.

I hope Florian will express his thoughts on this topic and maybe he'll consider this during the mp3tag development

For the sites: Do you mean something like the things I have done in my extended-script?
This would be kinda useful as then the tag-panel is a good place to get informed but it wouldn't look overloaded.