Tag settings (Tag panel default settings)

Hello,

I have a question.

In previous versions I could enter default values in the tags.

In the new version this isn't possible and that's what I always used to give some tracks
my own album-name.

I have stil got older setups of Mp3tag but when I install these the links to Discogs doesn't work.

The message I get:
Failed to authenticate using OAuth (1).

12029:12029: Can't establish connection with the server.

Is there a possibility that this function can be re-introduced in the next update?
Or is there a new place in the settings menu?
If so, I can't find it.

Thanks in advance for your answer.

Mike

See this thread on default values:

also see the changelog (https://www.mp3tag.de/changelog.html) on discogs:

[2018-07-06] FIX: https connections on Windows 7 and 8 did not use TLS 1.2 by default (Discogs requires TLS 1.2 now).

and there is also this thread:

Thanks for your quick response.

Unfortunately I have to use the old version.

Discogs is only needed with a few tracks and that is less work then my collection.

Thanks again.

Mike.

I'm a new poster here so I was glad to find this question as I thought I was losing it when I couldn't find this setting since updating the app in August. I just downloaded an older version of MP3Tag so I can set tag defaults as I find it a real time saver. Sadly, I don't like the duplication in the tag panel in this older version.

Any chance of restoring the tag default settings and shortening the tag panel like the newer versions?

Adding default settings for tag values is not planned at the moment. However, you can remove the duplicate fields via "Options > Tag Panel".

1 Like

Thanks so much for the response. Now it's perfect.

My plans have changed. So starting from Mp3tag v2.90c, you can specify a default value per Tag Panel field via "Options > Tag Panel".

1 Like

Am I missing something? I don't see "default values for tag fields (used for multi selection)" in the new release.

You can configure a default value when you edit a Tag Panel field via "Options > Tag Panel" (either via the edit icon or double click in the list).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.