Tagging knowledge gap

Hi,
Couple of questions here about tagging

1. Why does the Tag Feild show: IDv2.3 (IDv2.3)?

Are both values necessary as the are the same (apart from the ()

2. I would like to have only the Album Tag showing each word capitalised when other fields would show mixed capitals but I don't have a clue how to do this.

Thanks

regarding 1, this is telling you that the file contains only one tag type (ID3v2.3) and that's what it was using. For example, if you had an mp3 file that contained ID3v1, ID3v2.3, and APE tags, but mp3tag was reading the ID3v2.3 tag (based on your settings), it would show:

ID3v2.3 (ID3v2.3, ID3v1, APE)

p.s. I prefer to NOT have multiple tags within a file, so if I saw the above, I'd delete to other tags, so that I ONLY had ID3v2.3 tags.

Thanks Gary
(Any ideas about Q2?)

I'm sure Q2 is doable with an ACTION of some sort to do auto cap on the ALBUM field. but i'm not sure of the exact method. hopefully someone can provide the answer.

1. The first ID-version tells you which tag version is used to display the data (it could be that you nave more than one tag version in your files, e.g. APE and V1 tags also). The second value in brackets shows you which tag versions have been found in a file. In your case it looks as though there is only one tag version - which means that only that one can be displayed. For a file als with V1 tags it looks like this: ID3v2.3 (ID3V1 ID3V2.3)

2. Create an action of the type "Format value" for ALBUM
    Enter as format string: $caps(%album%)
    Apply the action

Are you saying you'd like the ALBUM field to be all capital letters? If so, create a format value action, but use the function $upper() instead of $caps().

Action type: Format value
Field: ALBUM
Format string: $upper(%album%)

Sorry for not responding sooner (I have been away from home).
Thanks for reply.
I didn't want all of the Album Field letters to be capitalised, just the first letter of each word.
Your suggestion however, is now slotted away for future reference!!

Thanks

ohrenkino......
I have come across a problem with your suggestion which I am reasonably certain is exceptionally rare.
The album by Dean Friedman, "Well, Well" Said The Rocking Chair is returned as well, Well" Said The Rocking Chair.

Purely as a matter of interest (so rare that manually changing is not a problem), can the Action be altered to accommodate for this?
This is purely as a matter of interest!!

Thanks

Your text ...
"Well, Well" Said The Rocking Chair

Text from Allmusic catalog ...
"Well, Well," Said the Rocking Chair.

The original album cover has handwritten text ...
"Well, well", said the Rocking Chair.

Which text version do you prefer?

DD.20150319.1531.CET

Hi,

Text from Allmusic catalog ...
"Well, Well," Said the Rocking Chair.

This one

Thanks

$replace($caps('"well, well," said the rocking chair.',' "'),' The ',' the ') ==> '"Well, Well," Said the Rocking Chair.' $replace($caps(%ALBUM%,' "'),' The ',' the ')

DD.20150319.1808.CET

Thank you!!

If you create an action of the type case conversion, it should be possible to add the inverted commas as a character that indicates a word boundary.
Please note that once you have entered one (special) character as delimiter, you have to enter all different delimiters.