Template tagging

Hello all,

This is my first post. Quick question... is there any way to arrange templates to fill in tags?
For example I like all my albums to have the songs labeled like this...

XX - TRACK NAME where XX is always a 2-digit track number (03, 04, 14, etc)

Is there any way for me to program that into one click so that albums automatically get tagged like that with a quick select-all and apply?

Thanks!

Hi,
this looks to me that you want to rename the files (the filename, not the title tag inside the file).
There is a function in the toobar - glide along the toolbar with the mouse cursor until the bubble help shows "tag - filename".
There enter a mask that looks like this

$num(%track%,2) - %title%

Explanation:
as you wanted alsway two-digit-numbers, the "$num..." does just that. To my experience it is advisable to use a three-digit-number as some audiobooks have an awful lot of tracks and if you want to have your files numbered consistently, use 3: $num(%track%,3).
THis function will only produce valid results if the tags for %track% and %title% have been filled.

Another piece of advice: there is the reverse function that takes tag information from a filename. So if for any unforeseen reason the tags in a file should become corrupt it may be an easy way to retrieve that information from the filename, provided you have stored it there.
In the current example you would only get the number and the title.
So it might be a good idea to extend the mask to

$num(%track%,2) - %artist% _ %album% _ %title%
(use the underscore as separator as that character is only rarely used inside the tags. The hyphen on the other hand is used very often so it would be more difficult to write a mask that retrieves the information from the filename in case of emergency :wink:
))

Thank you!! I will try this and see if it helps!
I love this program so far, I can't believe I didn't know about it.