Titles disappearing

Using 3.05. When I do a batch tag removal, I select keep under the dropdown because I want the titles. But they are disappearing. Any ideas? Thanks!

I assume that you talk about the tag panel.
<keep> means that the individual data for this field remains unaltered.
You do not see the contents of TITLE unless you select only 1 file or a number of files that all have the same contents in TITLE.
If this is not what you had in mind, you have to explain it with more details, preferably with screendumps.

Thank you. Here are two screenshots. First is before the remove, the second is after.

The title does not appear on the highlighted song.

I see. I think.
What I assume:
You select the files, see <keep> in the tag panel, then
you select "Delete tags" and expect that the "tag" gets deleted and the data in TITLE is kept.
If that is so: the field TITLE is part of the tag that describes all of the tag fields.
So if you delete the whole tag than all the data is gone.
The ´´ refers to modifications that you trigger in the tag panel which treats individual fields.

If you want to delete single fields, see the extended tags dialogue (Alt-T) and delete every field that you don't like.
Or, if that is something that you want to do frequently, consider an action of the type "Delete fields except".

Thank you! Can you tell me how to "Delete fields except"?

Please see the FAQs on How to create a new action.
That post also contains a link to the action Remove fields except

Thank you for all your help.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.