I'm exploring a feature of MP3tag - tools. So I would like to create a tool that goes to www.elyrics.net and show me the list of songs from an artist (lyrics that are available)
So I need to accomplish the following tasks:
- convert the artist to lowercase
- remove leading "the+space"
- get first character of artist
- convert spaces within artist to "-"
- create a URL (hyperlink)
- use the web browser of my choice to fetch the webpage and display it.
With these tasks in mind I did the following:
Selected Menu TOOLS|OPTIONS|TOOLS (left column)|right side clicked icon NEW
PARAMETER: http://www.elyrics.net/song/$left($regexp($lower(%artist%),^the\s+,""),1)/$replace($regexp($lower(%artist%),^the\s+,""), ,-)-lyrics.html
The goal of this parameter is to create the following URL.
But the value of %artist% = "The Marshall Tucker Band"
Of course this attempt at using my new tool failed to create the desired URL. The website produced a 404 ERROR (Page Not Found).
My questions are...
- Is there a way to preview any of the results of any of the elements that I constructed in my parameter?
- Can I create a tool to send the output to Notepad (or some other text viewer) for debugging purposes?
- What did I do wrong in constructing the PARAMETER? I'm not seeing syntax error.