Track listing in WMP 11 like in iTunes

First of all, I'm a newbie here and in the world of mp3 tagging - so sorry, if this has been asked before (I looked and looked and didn't find any answer) or if it's obvious.

I have Windows Media Player 11 - and I love it, as I've finally found a codec that plays just about anything and I've also found a program that allows me to use my iPod with my WMP 11; so I want to make WMP my sole media player on my computer.

Now, let's say I have a boxset of cd's - two discs in one jewel case (and let's say that there are only three songs on each). In iTunes the track listing was 1, 2, 3, 1, 2, 3. However in WMP 11 it's 1, 1, 2, 2, 3, 3.

Now before I go and smash my head in Rik Mayall style (if you ain't heard of him then check out the comedy tv series Bottom :laughing: ) I would love to know how to change this; oh, and my preferred method of viewing and listening to my music in WMP 11 is throught the 'album'-section (for a lack of a better word ...as english isn't my first language)

Hope I've made myself clear and understandable :w00t:

So am I to guess that the program can't handle it? Or should I make myself cleared on the subject of what I want (as english isn't my first language)

I'm not a WMP user so not sure, but it appears that you need to have a disc # tag (disc 1, disc 2, etc.) And then in WMP I assume you can sort on or list by "disc" as well as track. This is how it works in most players. You can see in mp3tag the disc field and edit the field if need be.

p.s. you may not get that many answers simply because people that take the time to use mp3tag don't seem to be WMP users for the most part. I could be wrong about that of course.

Guess I'm one of a kind :rolleyes: I'm not quite sure how to do the instructions; but I'll have to take the time out to learn more about mp3 tagging; and should have propably done that before :slight_smile:

Thank you for taking the time out to answer

Can't help with the OP's question, but am I the only one who ignores disc number? I would just number the tracks 1,2,3,4,5,6 (easy to change with mp3tag, 'natch) and be assured of a proper track listing. I always figured disc numbers to be a fairly arbitrary splitting based more on the physical size of a CD rather than any logical breaking.