track number assistant

Hi Florian,

right now I'm experiencing problems setting leading zeros with Mp3tag's track number assistant: When I try to tag m4a-files with leading zeros (e.g. "01/13"), Mp3tag is processing my highlighted files, but leading zeros don't seem to be written to the files. Is it possible that this is broken in Mp3tag developer build version 2.16q (= the recent build), at least for m4a-files?

Regards,

petit prince

Hi petit prince,

displaying leading zeros for MP4 files was done by Mp3tag in the last versions. The MP4 tagging format doesn't support leading zeros for tracknumbers at the moment.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi Florian,

thank you very much for your answer. Having read it I decided to start the current build of Mp3tag to check the tagging of m4a-files I tagged with earlier Mp3tag versions - and indeed: They don't have a leading zero, either.

The only problem I have with this minor change of program behaviour is the following: I'd like to have the leading zero at least in the filename. Now, when I use the tag -> filename converter I don't get it properly done - the new %track%-string reproduces only exactly the content of the tag. An example: What I get for

%track%. %artist% - %title%

is

8/14. The Beatles - Eight Days A Week.m4a

This can be even problematic, because the slash is not a caracter that can be used on a Windows file system.

So far I haven't found an adequate variation of the %track%-string which allows me to have

1. The Beatles - Eight Days A Week.m4a

although the number of total tracks is stored in the track-tag, too.

Regards,

petit prince

Hi petit prince,

Mp3tag now ships with some internal scripting functions, which can be used in the formatstrings, simply use:

$num("%track%",2). %artist% - %title%

Best regards,
~ Florian

Hi Florian,

thanks again for your reply! Seems that I simply have to get more into the new way of scripting ...

Regards,

petit prince