Trimming tags

Hi,

I often ask questions that get really simple answers - so I assume that I'm not particularly talented with computers! So sorry in advance!

I sometimes use MP3tag to rename songs using a txt file when the file name isn't named after the song. Sometimes the songs have the time at the end, or information about the track that I don't want ("cut", "tape flip", etc) eg:

12: keyboard solo (Jobson) 7:37
13: batteries not included 4:02
14: uniform (including drum solo, Craney) 11:44

How can I rename my list of songs and automatically get rid of the time?
I've looked everywhere on the forum and I can't find anything so it's either something so easy that no-ones asked or so complicated that - no-ones asked or I just haven't found a way of transposing the solutions I found to my problem.

Thanks for reading

I doubt that the colon is allowed as character in the filenames. So I wonder where the 12: and 13: comes from.

To write a filename without the time at the end (which I would remove from the title anyway as this information should be stored in the header data), try this:
Convert>Tag-Filename
Format string: $regexp(%title%,\d+:\d+,)

Thanks for your quick answer. The colon is in the txt file and is part of the number of the track (I get rid of it using the rename process.)

I tried the above Format string but there is a space at the end of the name:
12 Keyboard Solo (Jobson) .flac.

I can easily get rid of that by renaming Tag to Filename %track% %title%space
Or can I add a space into the string? (not sure how to)
Otherwise it works great. Thanks again.

Instead of
Format string: $regexp(%title%,\d+:\d+,)
use
Format string: $regexp(%title%,\d+:\d+ ,)
or even
Format string: $regexp(%title%,'\d+:\d+ ',)

Ok, thanks