hi everyone! ive been trying to modify some code(for lack of a better phrase?) in a guess values/import tag fields action.
I use mp3 tag to organize my library because Beatport, Bandcamp, juno, amazon, etc. all have such varying degrees of information placed in inconsistent fields that its hard to keep track of. Also, just to streamline the look of my database when i'm operating virtual dj or apple music (i want the columns I use to be more narrow) so i'm trying to batch action a lot of superfluous information into a user-created tag i call "notes".
one example of this particular case, I'm trying to extract Album release information from the Album Tag to the Notes tag.
i.e. from Album: Garbage 2.0 (Deluxe 20th Anniversary Edition)
to Album: Garbage 2.0 | Notes: Deluxe 20th Anniversary Edition
other examples are things like "Maxi Single" or "Japanese Release" etc etc.
When I'm on my windows machine the follow action has worked successfully
it does not work on my mac version of mp3 tag under the Import Tag Fields function, which I understand
to be the mac version of Guess Values...
then i tried to re-use a code that works for another action i was doing
Import Tag Fields
$regexp(%title%,'(.*) \(Feat\. (.*)\)',$1 +++ %artist% 'featuring $2')
i used this to successfully move featuring information
so i modified that code to this
$regexp(%notes%,'(.*) \((.*)\)',$1 +++ %album% '$2')
i also tried this variation
$regexp(%notes%,'(.*) \'('(.*)\')'',$1 +++ %album% '$2')
nothing happens tho...i can't figure out what i'm doing wrong
Other actions i use will successfully fill the notes tag so i know that tag works