Two small feature requests

I just love your program ... tried godfather and tag&rename (or whatever it's called) but yours was the only one that really did what I wanted without all the excessive "fluff"

Only two requests...

1. When tagging files based on their filename, it would be nice to be able to reuse a field and having mp3tag append the content. For example:

Filename: S^2 Works Disk 1 - 33 - B-4 [Fly Me To The Moon] Guitar & Piano [First Collection].mp3
    Filter : %album% - %track% - %title% [%comment%] %title%
    Which would then produce:

Album: S^2 Works Disk 1
    Track: 33
    Title: B-4 Guitar & Piano [First Collection]

Comment: Fly Me To The Moon
    Yes, it might be an odd filename, but I'd be damned if it weren't useful to others too :smiley:

2. It would be nice with a folder overview instead of a dropdown box. What I mean is that I'd like to point the program towards S:\Music and then see the directorytree below and easily navigate the structure. (now, this isn't as important, since CTRL-D works fine too, just an idea)

QUOTE (MrWorf @ Mar 9 2004, 09:18 PM)
1. When tagging files based on their filename, it would be nice to be able to reuse a field and having mp3tag append the content. For example:
Filename: S^2 Works Disk 1 - 33 - B-4 [Fly Me To The Moon] Guitar & Piano [First Collection].mp3
Filter  : %album% - %track% - %title% [%comment%] %title%

Which would then produce:

Album: S^2 Works Disk 1
Track: 33
Title: B-4 Guitar & Piano [First Collection]

Comment: Fly Me To The Moon<!--QuoteEnd--></div><!--QuoteEEnd-->

Have you already tried using one placeholder more than one time? :wink:

Sorry, but this is not planned. You might speed up things by using drag'n'drop from Windows Explorer.

Best regards,
~ Florian

Yes, I did try once but without the desired result. So you mean that this already is implemented? :huh:

Hmm... going to try again when I get home.

QUOTE (MrWorf @ Mar 11 2004, 10:38 AM)

Yes, I did try once but without the desired result. So you mean that this already is implemented? :huh:

Yes, this works as you suggested here :slight_smile: